We will pick your party up at Walden-Jackson County Airport (33V)
or Laramie (LAR) which is served by United Express from Denver.
If you would like, we can arrange air transportation for your
party from Denver directly to Walden (40 minutes). Amtrak also has daily train service to Granby, Colorado, from Chicago and Sacramento, and we'd be glad to pick you up in Granby.
Walden has a 5,900 foot paved runway (altitude 8,149) with pilot-operated
lighting, and can accommodate business jets. Avgas is available, by arrangement.
Our AWOS can be reached at 970-723-4513. The county is working with the FAA to designate a discrete radio frequency for the AWOS, and a GPS instrument approach.
We can provide good driving directions, if you prefer to arrive in your own vehicle from Denver (3.5 hours), Laramie (1.5 hours), or Craig (2 hours).
Airport Specs: Walden-Jackson County Airport - (970) 723-4660
- Attended on request. Beacon. Pilot Controlled Lighting: 122.9 (rwy 3/21). Avgas available by arrangement.
- Altitude: 8149'
- Location:1 mile NE of Walden.
- Lat-Long: 40° 45.00' N - 106° 16.28'W. 45 nm from Kremmling VOR (RLG-113.8) 356° radial
- Hazards: Own Risk. Radio-controlled model aircraft SE corner. Deer & antelope on runway. Power lines South.
- Common Traffic Advisory Channel - 122.9 (broadcast in clear)
- Specs and diagram courtesy of Airguide Publications, Inc., email@example.com.
Home | Fishing | Your Stay | Travel | History | Our Package | View Pictures
© 2002 Park Range Ranches